- Symptom Checker
Use one anytime you need it – you may see results in as little as 10-30 minutes. The maximum daily dose is one suppository.
The suppositories should only be used in your back passage.
1. Take off the foil wrapping
2. Lie on one side and pull your knees up towards your chest. Keep one leg drawn up more than the other
3. Use your first finger (index finger) or middle finger to push in the suppository
4. Gently push the suppository as far as possible into your back passage, pointed end first
5. Once it is as far as it will go, push it side-ways to make sure it touches the wall of the bowel
6. Lower your legs to a comfortable position whilst the suppository is retained in place
7. Try to keep the suppository inside you for at least 30 minutes
Dulcolax® Laxative Suppositories contain 10 mg of bisacodyl, which stimulates the muscles in the intestine to promote bowel activity.
Adults over 12 years
One 10 mg suppository to be inserted into the rectum once a day for relief within 30 minutes.